We are now printing our first paper version of The Ranch Report. If you would like to receive this via USPS mail, then please send us your full name, address and let us know you want to receive the Ranch Report via mail. send to: RanchReport@SoaringEaglesRanch.org
Progress at the Ranch
A variety of individuals and groups have been out working on the following projects:
- Cleaned the barn (many different times)
- Organized, cut and stacked some wood from a dismantled garage to be used for fire wood
- Cleaned the trailer areas
- Cut up an old trailer for scrap metal - we took it to the salvage yard
- Buried a water line from the pump house to the fire pit and camping area
- Put a roof on a future chicken coop
- General cleanup and horse pen
- Sealed the barn to keep snow out
- Repairs on the barn and other buildings
- Clean up of the horses, goats and dogs
- Cleaned the trash out of the silo. (This was a big job!)
- Both pickup trucks are now running – antique trucks – one is for sale if interested
- Organized the office and files
- Some research has been completed needed for the Ranch.
Gold fish, minnows and catfish were added to two ponds on the property last September. More stocking will take place as well as cleaning up some of the pond areas. Other varieties of fish will be added this Spring. We even have a couple of ducks that have made our ponds home.
God is Providing
If you have followed us for any length of time, you know we have talked about getting the Land Survey done. Well it is finally complete! Hurray!! Now we need to take that to the Planning Commission for approval.
We need to have this certification of land use from the Planning Commission in order to move forward on the building layout and design. This will define what we will be able to physically do on our 41 acres of Soaring Eagles Ranch. Please pray with us. Our goal is to have this done in May.
The filing fee for that is $2935.00 As of this writing we have raised $200. Would you consider making a tax-deductible gift of finances towards this much needed certification? Together we can accomplish much!
- A play area is being developed at the back of the property
- More work to the camping area
- A flag pole will be installed
- Barn roof repaired
- Trees and shrubs to be planted
Is there something here you would be willing to help with? You could come out alone, with your family or organize a group to make the Ranch an inviting place for teens and their families come and be ministered to. Call or email Gary to schedule a time – we are very flexible.
Thank you for reading and hopefully joining with us to make this vision become a reality. It has been on the drawing board a long time yet things are now happening and we want to keep moving forward as God leads our steps.
Reporting for Soaring Eagles Ranch,